It doesn't have to cost a lot to save energy. Follow these simple tips and start saving energy and money today!
Monitor and switch to more efficient lighting
- Turn off lights in the daytime and when the building is unoccupied
- Remove unused lamps or rewire for half-lighting
- Switching to CFLs saves about $44 per bulb per year
- Replace T12 lamps with high efficiency T8 fluorescent lamps for an energy reduction of 2 - 5 percent
Install a programmable thermostat
- Save up to 10 percent on heating and cooling bills
- DTE Energy is providing thermostats and installation in eligible customer facilities it serves absolutely FREE
- Adjust thermostat temperatures when building is unoccupied
Manage your heating and cooling system
- Keep ducts and filters clean so HVAC equipment can operate at maximum efficiency and lower cost
- Check outdoor air conditioning coils and remove debris.
- Spot heat small areas when possible
Seal and repair doors and windows
- Check exterior door seals and repair as needed
- Check the seal and caulking around the glass
- Fix doors and windows that do not close
- Adjust shades and blinds to control heat from the sun
Start Saving Now!