When it comes to your electric bill, a shift in time can save you money.
If you’re spending $280 or more on average per month on your electric bill, it may be time to switch to our Time of Day Electric Rate.
When you’re on this rate, electricity you use off-peak – from 7 p.m. to 11 a.m. – is billed at a substantial discount. A special meter monitors your electric consumption during the on-peak and off-peak hours.
Shifting to off peak is easier than you think!
- Wait to operate your dishwasher and laundry appliances after 7 p.m.
- Increase the temperature on your air-conditioning.
- Turn off lights, television and computer equipment when not in use.
- If you have an electric water heater, shower or bathe after 7 p.m. and before 11 a.m.
Here’s how your savings can add up:
|If your average monthly electric bill is||Your estimated annual savings potential*||Your estimated annual savings with reduced on-peak consumption**|
* Based on 25 percent on-peak and 75 percent off-peak monthly consumption.
**Based on 20 percent on-peak and 80 percent off-peak monthly consumption. If you conserve additional electricity on-peak, your savings may increase!
Is the Time of Day Rate right for you? If your average monthly usage is equal to or greater than 1400 kilowatt hours, you will benefit from this rate. You can obtain your monthly average two ways:
- Sign in to your online account. From your my Account page, click your account number and then click View Annual Comparison to see your kilowatt hours per month.
- Call 800.477.4747 to speak with a Customer Representative
Enrolling is easy.
Just call 800.477.4747 and ask for the Time of Day Electric Rate (D1.2).
We will arrange to have a Time of Day electric meter installed that will monitor usage during on-peak and off-peak hours.