[an error occurred while processing this directive]

You can change the name that appears on your DTE Energy bill for one of the following reasons:

  1. Misspelling
    Use our online correction form to change your name if it is misspelled.

  2. Legal Name Change
    If your legal name has changed due to a marriage or divorce, please bring the following items with you to a DTE Energy Customer Office or fax them to 888.386.6955:
    • Legal Document reflecting the change in name (marriage certificate or divorce papers)
    • Picture ID (Driver's license or state-issued identification card)
    • Last four digits of your Social Security number
  3. Surviving Family Member
    To put an account in a surviving family member's name, please contact Revenue Management & Protection.  Call 800.642.4266 if the utility service is still active. Call 800.332.9164 if utility service has been turned off and you are settling an estate.  You will need the following:
    • Death Certificate
    • New person’s picture ID (Driver’s license or state-issued identification card)
    • New person's Social Security number


Twitter Facebook YouTube Channel
All contents ©  DTE Energy Company