Secure your choice of supplier for natural gas
MichCon customers now have the ability to Lock-In your gas account to prevent unwanted switching to a different gas supplier. If you choose to enroll with an alternative gas supplier (AGS), DTE Energy will mail to you a notification postcard that your account has been switched to an AGS.
Account Lock-In Feature
- Customers can use our account Lock-In feature to prevent unwanted switching to a different gas supplier.
- To activate the lock on your account, contact the DTE Energy Call Center at 800.477.4747.
- Once activated, your account cannot be switched to another gas supplier, unless you call DTE Energy and request that the lock be removed.
- There is no cost to activate or deactivate the lock.
Gas Choice Enrollment Notification
- DTE Energy will notify you whenever your account is switched to a different gas supplier.
- Immediately after your account is enrolled with an AGS, DTE Energy will mail to you a notification postcard.
- The postcard informs you of the switch, advises you to contact your new supplier with questions and provides the current Gas Cost Recovery (GCR) rate.
- Customers can contact the DTE Energy Call Center for more information about the Gas Customer Choice (GCC) Program.
Learn more - read the Gas Customer Choice FAQs